Over the years Sun World has hosted interns from various countries and we remain committed to an active internship program at our Bakersfield, California Variety Development Center. Applicants must be associated with and referred by a Sun World marketer, nursery or grower licensee. We host two interns each year; a stone fruit intern for six weeks in May and June, and a table grape intern for seven weeks in July and August. The program is intended to give interns the opportunity to work with Sun World’s Stone Fruit and Table Grape Breeding and Commercial Testing Programs. Interns work in field and post-harvest operations associated with commercial field trials and fruit trials, and gain first hand experience of the California fruit industry. Housing, vehicle and phone provided by Sun World Innovations. For more information please see Stone Fruit and Table Grape Internship links below.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide a rich comprehensive learning experience for those interested in further developing a career in the fruit industry.
- Build solid relationships with Sun World grower and marketer licensees and help support the next generation of industry leaders.
- Create first-hand awareness among licensees of Sun World’s breeding, technical support, and commercial operations.
- One table grape and one stone fruit internship will be awarded for the each year. Applicants must be associated with and referred by a Sun World marketer, nursery or grower licensee outside the United States.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older. Drug testing is required upon arriving at Sun World.